Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WTF is going on with Saugatuck?

Mario Batali in Saugatuck?! No more small town charm?

Yes it's true, J and I knew about this for a year now. When Abbondanza closed, J called the realtor to ask about the space and the realtor told him they are in talks with the Batali group. Never did we think it would actually happen. I really want to be positive about this but it's just hard to do.

What I love about the mom and pop restaurants in Saugatuck is that the owners will greet you and make you feel welcome. I'm pretty positive Mario is not going to be there saying hello. What's even more depressing is that not only are they building office buildings/condo, opening unimpressed restaurants but they're putting a damn Dunkin Donuts in where Bridge Market used to be!

I think for now I'm going to be leery about the Batali restaurant. Hopefully once it's opened it will prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment