Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

Shake Shack Review

Yes, it is the same Shake Shack that originally started at Madison Square Park in NYC. The MSP location even got a webcam so you can see how long the line is in the summer (sometimes over an hour!). A lot of people in the area (lower Fairfield County) were extremely excited about it opening in Westport, I think more than Tarry Lodge. Me on the other hand had my reservations. Having grew up in Southern California I'm naturally bias to IN-N-OUT. I tried my hardest to have an open mind. We got there around 7 PM and the line was almost out the door. I was impressed by how fast the line went.

Here is our order: 2 Shake Burgers ($4.75 each and doesn't even have bacon), 1 large root beer ($3.40), french fries ($2.75) and a strawberry shake (tiny cup for $5). The total with tax came to $21.97.

So was it worth the $$?? ABSOLUTELY NOT!! The burgers were small and tasted average. French fries taste like the average fast food crinkle cut fries and the shake was ok. IN-N-OUT totally blow Shake Shack out of the water. Heck, even Duchess' is better. I really do not understand what all the hype is all about. I will go back again but not for the burger; for the frozen custard since by the time I was done with the burger the line got way too long (out the door on the deck).

2 comments:

  1. Plus In N Out is like half the price. And the fries are fresh cut right in front of you. And you can get all kinds of toppings on it for free. I went to Five Guys a couple of month ago and thought the same thing. The line was out the door but the burger was not that great and super expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a double double like bad!!!

    ReplyDelete