Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Westport Restaurant Openings

One of my earlier posts was about Mario Batali opening a new restaurant in the Saugatuck section of Westport (down the street from where we live). Well it's here! It's called Tarry Lodge which has another location in Port Chester, NY. It is a joint venture of Batali and Joe Bastianich, who is the son of Lidia. I remember I used to watch Lidia's cooking show on PBS during college between classes.  J and I were on the Harley today and saw there were people dining in there. We went in and found out today is their soft opening. The grand opening will be next Tuesday the 19th. Which is one day before Shake Shack (opening Wednesday). We only took a quick look but so far the interior looks nice but I found it to be a little dark. Our goal for next week is to eat at both restaurants. I'm more excited about Tarry Lodge since the menu looks simple and delicious. Having lived in Southern California, most burgers can't compare to In-N-Out. To me Shack Shake is just another burger joint, maybe it will change my mind but I guess we will find out next weekend.














A side note. Tonight for dinner we went to the new Asian Buffet in Orange with J's family and Father Seraphim and his family to celebrate Father Seraphim's birthday. Being a food snob, J refuse to eat anything there so I had to make him dinner when we got home. I have some Kobe beef patties from Trader Joe's so that's what he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment