Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Whoopie Pies and Trash the Dress

Happy almost 4th of July! Tomorrow (July 3) my in-laws are having their 4th of July pool party not only did I make a Sopapilla Cheesecake but also two kinds of Whoopie Pies; Chocolate Whoopies with marshmallow frosting and Carrot Cake Whoopie with Cream Cheese Icing. I really wanted to make something more complicated like a two tier cake with fondant but then I'm so busy lately I just said screw it.















Trash the Dress Photo Shoot (click for explanation)
Today J and I had our Trash the Dress session with Photology Studios. I really don't see the point of keeping it in pristine condition if I can't sell it (I'm 4'11'', size 2 so I don't know who is going to buy it). I found out about them through one of my high school friend Allison (her husband is the super talented main photographer!). Not only did we shoot with J's Harley Davidson but also in the water on Woodmont Beach. I definitely was not afraid to get dirty! When we were on the beach there were a group of people having a get together and they couldn't believe I went into the water with my dress. Even the Police Officer who was driving by slowed down to look. I really can't wait to see the final result!

Thanks Allison, Xuan and Xuan's sister (our second shooter)!

Below are some of the stains collected from today's shoot. There are some light stains on the upper part of the dress but most stains were on the bottom. Since my mom wants me to keep the dress I guess I'll bring it in to get it dry clean but I won't be upset if they can't get the stubborn stains out.




No comments:

Post a Comment