Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snowy Saturday Is Perfect for Baking

Since I'm a warm weather transplant to CT, I can't stand the cold weather. I know I've been here for a long time but I still can't get used to the Winter. While many people I know are excited about going snowboarding/skiing in the Winter, I just want to stay inside where it's warm and cozy. Last Winter was terrible, we probably had one snowstorm per week in January and didn't work a full week in that month. Fortunately I was working for a local College and got to have snow days (paid!). Now that I'm back working for Corporate America, no more paid snow days. Today is the first time we had any significant snow fall, I'm so glad it's on a weekend and I don't have to worry about driving to work. Since I have to bring a dessert to my In-Laws tomorrow, I decided to make a Yellow Cake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting. The cake part came out really moist but I thought the frosting could be better. The recipe I used called for unsweetened chocolate but I think next time I'm just going to use semisweet since J like his frosting to be artificial and not as chocolatey.




No comments:

Post a Comment