Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

Souffle Cheesecake

This is not the typical cheesecake Americans are used to. Yes, it's got cream cheese in it but the texture is very light, more like a cross between a soufflé and chiffon cake. It's normally known as Japanese Cheesecake, which you can find it in most Japanese/Korean/Chinese bakeries. This is my first time making this type of cheesecake and the recipe I used is from Banana Bread Blog. I split the batter into two 8 inch pans because I want to make a layered cake. The cake came out a little denser than I want but it was probably because I was in a hurry and did a sloppy job folding the egg whites into the cheese batter. For the filling I just use seedless blackberry jam. Overall I'm pretty happy with the end result, even J liked it and he never likes any desserts I get from Japanese/Chinese bakeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment