Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Caramel Chocolates from Trader Joe's

Sunday was another great day. J and I finally went to the gym after 2 weeks of slacking off then we went to BJ's Wholesale. I was pretty proud of myself that I saved $20 off the total using store and manufacturer coupons. I know it's not a lot compared to a lot of hardcore couponers but every cent helps especially during this crappy economy.

After we got home from BJ's, we got on the motorcycle and rode around for a bit. I was craving chocolate with caramel so first we went to Whole Foods. I was so shocked to see how expensive the bar of chocolate I wanted was especially when I know I can get something similar at Trader Joe. Don't get me wrong, I am known to my family and friends to pay premium for good foods but not willing to do so when I know I can get it cheaper.

At Trader Joe's  I got a 3 oz. bar of Dark Chocolate Caramel with Hawaiian Black Sea Salt bar. Like the bar I saw at Whole Foods, it is all natural with no preservative and only $1.99 (3 times cheaper than Whole Foods). I also got a 2 oz bag of Dark Chocolate with Tahitian Vanilla Caramels and a bar of Milk Chocolate Caramel (1.5 oz) for J since he doesn't like dark chocolate. The bold flavor of 70% cacao dark chocolate pair with the sweet caramel and the saltiness of Hawaiian Sea Salt was simply amazing. The Tahitian Caramels were equally great. I finished the bag in a matter of seconds. Didn't get to try the milk chocolate since it's for J but I'm sure it will be just as great.

I love anything caramel with sea salt. My all time favorite was the Fleur de Sel Caramel imported from France I used to get at William Sonoma. So sad they stopped carrying it a few years back. Trader Joe sells Fleur de Sel Caramel during the holiday season for a fraction of the price so now I just get them from Trader Joe's.

I can't stress how much I love Trader Joe. J initially refuse to buy anything at Trader Joe's is now a firm believer in Trader Joe's awesomeness. My family and I have been shopping there since we lived in CA and so glad they opened one near us in CT.


Specks of Sea Salt

Equally delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment