Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian Diet (One Week Only)

I guess this is what happens when I have been on Funemployement (unemployed by choice) for too long. I started to re-evaluate life. Silly me thought it would be a great idea for me, spiritually and physically to be on a vegetarian diet for a week. I thought about going vegan first but then that's too extreme. Then ok, maybe I can do strict vegetarian (no meats, seafood, dairy, eggs), thought about it some more and thought,  no dairy and eggs?? I don't think I can last more than a day if I can't even have those. So I decided on the Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian diet which includes eggs and dairy but no meats or seafood. Heck, I didn't even stop there, I also decided to cut down on my oil and sodium intake.

Since J and I normally can't go one day without consuming some sort of meat, means I have to make vegetarian for myself and meat for J when it comes dinner time. It was so hard making J that bacon cheese burger tonight while I had a veggie burger. It's only been 2 days and I already have severe cravings for meats. It doesn't help that my favorite pastime is reading food blogs. I think I'm going to Whole Foods tomorrow and see if I can get some other non meat protein options besides the fake beef I got from Trader Joe and tofu. I will try my best to stick to the diet for the full week but it will be hard. 

Monday
  • Breakfast- Yogurt with blackberries
  • Lunch- Sesame noodle with shredded cucumber and carrots
  • Dinner- Wrap with veggies and the fake beef product I got from Trader Joe
  • Snacks- Apple slices with peanut butter, rice crispy treats I made over the weekend
Tuesday
  • Breakfast- Frosted Mini Wheats with milk and a banana
  • Lunch- Egg salad wrap made of reduce fat mayo (lettuce, tomato, very little salt and lots of pepper)
  • Dinner- Veggie cheese burger on onion bun with lettuce and tomato
  • Snacks- Left over sesame noodle, apple
Non-fat Greek yogurt with honey and blackberries




No comments:

Post a Comment