Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rotisserie Chicken Salad With Apple and Dried Cranberries

Rule #1 for food shopping is never go to the store hungry. Well, I broke that rule yesterday when I went to BJ's Wholesale.  J and I normally don't eat whole roasted chicken since it's way too much for just the two of us but I couldn't resist the rotisserie chicken that just came out of the oven. That warm juicy looking chicken was calling my name plus it was only $4.99 for a whole chicken. For dinner last night I just served the rotisserie chicken as is with a side of baked pasta (with broccoli and cheese sauce mixed in). For lunch today I shredded some of the leftover chicken and made a super easy chicken salad.

Chicken Salad with Apple and Dried Cranberries
2 servings

  • 1 1/2 cup of shredded or diced rotisserie chicken (skinless)
  • one stalk of chopped green onion (scallion)
  • 1 cup of chopped Granny Smith apple 
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's)
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Combined all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until all the ingredients are evenly coated with the mayonnaise. I didn't add any salt since the rotisserie chicken was already salty. Serve on a bed of your favorite lettuce or make it into a sandwich! 


No comments:

Post a Comment