Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ridiculously Easy Nutella Cookies

By now most of you are familiar with Pinterest. It is the It Girl of social networking at the moment. I have gotten countless recipes, tips and inspirations from items that others have pinned. One recipe I kept seeing was the very easy Nutella cookies with only 4 ingredients. Flour, egg, sugar and of course the delicious Nutella. After looking over the recipe, I thought the mixture might come out to be too dry so I added some milk to it. 

Easy Nutella Cookies
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup Nutella
  • 1 to 2 tbs 2 % milk (or any type of milk you like)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 

In a medium size bowl, mix flour, sugar, egg and Nutella until combined. Add the milk 1 tbs at a time until the mixture come together into a thick cookie batter. Shape the mixture into balls (I used a 2 inch diameter cookie scoop) and drop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper then lightly press on the balls to flatten them. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the middle is slightly set and not too doughy looking. 

Verdict-
The end result was tasty but not mind blowing since I expected more hazelnut flavor. The cookies just tasted like chocolate cookies with hint of hazelnut. Maybe I should add 1/4 tsp of hazelnut extract next time? Also since the dough doesn't spread as much as a regular cookie dough I should of press it flatter. 

 I also found a 3 INGREDIENTS (!!) Nutella cookies on Sugar Crafter's blog which might help with the flavoring since it only consist of Nutella, egg and sugar. I think I will try that next time. 


Should of flatten the dough a little more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment