Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Peppermint Chocolate Cupcakes

I've been seeing so many peppermint related dessert posts lately, really makes it hard to not to do the same. For my company's holiday potluck today I brought Peppermint Chocolate Cupcakes.

For the chocolate cake part, I used one of my favorite one bowl recipe. I normally alternate between the Hershey's Perfect Chocolate Cake or Ina Garten's Beatty's Chocolate Cake. This time I used the Ina Garten recipe but swamped out the regular coffee with decaf.

Below is the frosting recipe I came up with. This is enough frosting for 24 generously frosted cupcakes.

Peppermint Marshmallow buttercream

  • 2 sticks (1 cup) room temperature unsalted butter
  • 4 oz marshmallow fluff
  • 1  tsp peppermint extract
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 cups powdered sugar- shifted
  • 4 tbs milk

Beat the butter on medium speed until it's light in color and fluffy. Add the marshmallow cream, salt, peppermint, vanilla extract, powdered sugar and milk. Beat on high speed for 5 minutes. Add more milk or powdered sugar pending on if the frosting is too thin (more powdered sugar) or too thick (more milk).

No comments:

Post a Comment