Search This Blog

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Nutella Cupcakes

I can't believe it's been over 2 month since I last posted. It's been crazy with the holidays, work and looking to buy our first house.

My coworker Michelle sent me a pic of Nutella Cupcakes recently. I love Nutella and not sure why I never got around to making cupcakes with it. I guess it's just much easier to eat it out of the jar.

My laziness prevented me from being creative this weekend so I just made my trustworthy chocolate cake recipe with a simple Nutella buttercream.

Nutella Buttercream

  • 1 cups (2 sticks) room temperature unsalted butter
  • 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup Nutella
  • 2 to 3 tbs milk*
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
Beat the butter on medium speed with your mixer until it's light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes). Add the powdered sugar. Start mixing with low speed and gradually increase to medium speed. Add the Nutella  then vanilla extract and continue to mix at medium speed. Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you get the creamy consistency you desire. 


* I normally use half and half or heavy cream but today I used milk since it's all I have on hand. The frosting still tasted great!



No comments:

Post a Comment